субота, 9. март 2013.

My Epson Stylus Photo 1400 Experience - Technology - Electronics

The world is moving towards a digital age where even the kids vtech laptops can hook up to a printer. The Epson stylus photo 1400 is one of the more popular these days and perfectly at home in a den, beside the family computer or in the home office.

Considering it's an inkjet printer it's not built for the heavy usage for a busy office but it's a fraction of the cost and is perfect for moderate usage which is all a family or home office will use. Perhaps it's because more and more people are starting to work from home these days but this is becoming one of the more popular inkjet printers available.

Most of the older inkjet printers that I've seen out there are slow, noisy and waste a lot of ink. I can remember my much older printer would actually mix multiple inks together to make black which is pretty crazy really.

The epson stylus photo 1400 has an entire set of cartridges which means you won't be wasting any ink which will save yourself some money. It's also much quieter than you'd expect and it's fast enough to print out letters or whatever you need last minute. A lot of people seem to think that inkjets are yesterdays news or something. Really inkjets are not quite as good as laser printers if you're working in a large busy office but they do cost a fortune of money to buy and keep running. In the longer run a laser printer is probably cheaper for a big office but I don't think it'll ever pay off to have one if it's just light usage.

Some old inket printers had really poor quality and would wear down or smudge pretty easily but the Epson stylus photo 1400 use's this new high definition ink which is meant to last for 100 years or something. It's not often that you'd need something to last for 100 years when you print it but it's nice to know that you're printing on ink which is designed to last and it won't just rub out over the next week or in transit.

With everything going online these days some people say printers are becoming obsolete but until they find a way to crawl inside their computers this just isn't the case. With a good quality printer you can print of your digital camera pictures in the same quality you'd get from a photo shop. The epson stylus photo 1400 has specific settings for printing on DvD covers and proper photograph paper which you can't do without a good printer it's one of the reasons this printer works so well as a family or home office device.

I think more and more people are turning back towards printers now as digital cameras and camera phones are becoming more normal also with people creating their own movies on disks or DvDs to share around with friends or family. The stylus photo 1400 is also the perfect size for any people or families interested in scrapbooking since it's the perfect size for it I haven't actually tried scrapbooking myself but many of the online reviews and scrap booking forums talk about the epson stylus photo 1400 because of it's size which is perfect as opposed so a lot of other models.

I also like inkjet for how quickly you can use them after you print, I think it might have something to do with the ink that the stylus 1400 use's but I've been able to print things out and start stickingt them in envelopes as each onr printed. The last time I used a laser printer I had to keep waiting for them to cool down or they'd smudge. Not that I'm proud of being old enough to have used one but I have used a dot matrix printer and there is only so much you can do with them even if you don't have to wait long for ink to dry, I can't see anyone printing a disk cover with a dot matrix.

The one thing I guess I would like to see in the epson stylus 1400 would maybe be a slot for your memory card but as it is there's still a USB slot which you can use. I'm big on printing out my photos, I do have a digital photo frame but I prefer to have the real thing especially when I want to share them. It is a stylish looking device and it folds up nice and neat while still having a good paper loading tray. I use mine in my home office where I work and I like things to look neat and tidy, this little printer has a permanent spot on my desk and I don't think I'll need to replace it for a long time.

I think reliability in a printer is a big deal no matter how you use it. If it's for work or an office you obviously don't need it breaking down and you losing work and if it's for family life well you know what kids are like when they have a plan in their heads. I've had multiple printers break down on me over the years for no obvious reason but I don't think I've ever had a problem with an Epson before and certainly not this model.

For people with children it's not going to withstand the full brunt of a kids attention, no printer is, but it's not made of paper so it's safe enough to let them use it, I've had some fairly over active kids around mine at least. I haven't had any problems with my own Epson stylus 1400 it seems to be reliable enough. If you do have problems though Epson does have a year long guarantee as well as a free to call tech support line, it's easy enough to get started though and the drivers are easy to install even if you're not computer savvy.





iAutoblog the premier autoblogger software